Friday, April 8, 2011

FITBF: tony, the scots, and why you're not likely to see me blush

play along at the little things we do
 

 1.   Something that makes me a great friend is, I'm always down for alcoholic beverages, junk food, incessant amounts of trash talk, and the encouragement of all your bad habits. Everyone needs a friend like me, haha.

2.  I am a wannabe female Anthony Bourdain. I spend strange amounts of time trying to conceive a gimmick that will land me my own Travel Channel show. I toy around with travel writing - also a la the fabulous Mr. Bourdain. (By the way, have you read A Cook's Tour? You need to.)

3.  I am not dainty. And I don't mean I look like an NFL linebacker or anything. I mean that it's hard to shock me. As some of you know, I have a foul mouth and indelicate sensibilities. So if I'm acting truly offended by a joke you just told, chances are I'm pulling your chain. 

4.  If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be brainy, capricious, tough.

5.  Something I'm really cheap about is purses. Really. I don't think I've ever spent more than 50 bucks on a purse. I have several inexpensive purses in neutral colors that have lasted me forever and go with everything I own. I suspect I've saved a lot of money over the years.


6.  Something I'm willing to splurge on is  food and booze. I fancy myself a gourmand and I only drink top-shelf stuff. Also, I am a sucker for perfume and sunglasses. 

7.  I would trade my entire summer vacation for just one or two more weeks in the Scottish highlands in a heartbeat. One summer I traveled to Edinburgh and Inverness. I was on cloud nine. The history, the greenery, the rain, the cold, the people, the food, the pubs...They all suit my temperament and interests perfectly. I have a lot of other places on my list, but I have to get back to Scotland no matter what.

Inverness - via Cathy Rodgers on Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...