Wednesday, November 3, 2010

a tale of dubya

Am I the only person looking forward to George W. Bush's memoir, Decision Points? It comes out November 9, and I'm deeply curious about what he has to say. The Washington Post reported on a few advance snippets, including:
  • Bush seriously considered dropping Cheney from his 2004 ticket, describing him as Darth Vader (ha ha).
  • His response when the CIA asked him for permission to waterboard Khalid Sheikh Mohammed? "Damn right."
  • He describes accusations of racism in the wake of Katrina as one of the lowest points of his presidency.
  • Bush stands by his decisions regarding Iraq. When it comes to the matter of the missing WMDs, however, he describes having a persistent sickened feeling.
Decision Points should make for an interesting read for both those who loathe and adore Dubya. My own feelings about him are very complex, and I won't bore you by attempting to explain them. Bush, at least, doesn't seem too worried about what people think. He wrote, "Whatever the verdict on my presidency, I'm comfortable with the fact that I won't be around to hear it."



And. in case you missed it:
- a report on an exciting upcoming movie project: baz tackles gatsby
- The Goonies 25th anniversary: ruth! ruth! ruth! baby? ruth!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...