Monday, February 28, 2011

my underwhelming post-oscar special

So the Oscars were okay. I mean, I never really enjoy them as much as I think I'm going to. But there were a few really fabulous moments.

For instance, I usually don't laugh out loud during awards shows. But here's the exception:





And, of course I loved Anne Hathaway and James Franco's opening montage. They weren't stellar hosts, but I enjoyed them. Anne Hathaway is really a pleasure to watch - She seems like she'd be fun to hang out with. Franco is nice to look at but...eh.

And yay, yay, yay - Colin Firth won Best Actor!  He gave a very gracious and charming acceptance speech. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

My picks for best dressed:

Halle Berry - I LOVE nude colored gowns, especially ones with a little sparkle. Just like this one.
























Mila Kunis. I have one word for this gown: Pretty!
























Reese Witherspoon. The gown is tasteful, but not stunning. I picked her mostly because I loved her big Texas-style ponytail and green earrings.
























Helena Bonham Carter. I love her kookinesss. As much as I loved Halle, Mila, and Reese's styles, I would've been disappointed if Helena showed up looking like them. So I was fond of her dress and her cool shout-out to her homeland.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...