Saturday, February 26, 2011

why my ears are smiling this week

Here are the five songs I've been playing on my iPod pretty much non-stop this past week:

1. "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" - James Brown

And after man has made everything he can
You know that man makes money
To buy from other man
This is a man's world
But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing
Not one little thing
Without a woman or a girl





2. "My Life" - Billy Joel

They will tell you you can't sleep alone in a strange place
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep with somebody else
But sooner or later you sleep in your own space
Either way it's okay; you wake up with yourself





3. "Both Sides Now" - Joni Mitchell

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions that I recall
I really don't know clouds at all




4. "Dream On" - Aerosmith

The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay 
Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know everybody sins
You've got to lose to know how to win







5. "Super Duper Love" - Joss Stone

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...