Thursday, March 3, 2011

'celeb transformations!' (ugh can't believe i just typed that...)

Charlize Theron as Aileen Wuornos in Monster
There is nothing I like more than a good old-fashioned story about pretty-girl-turns-ugly, skinny-girl-get-chubby, hot-guy-gets-hotter, girl-shaves-head. Hmmm. Okay what I'm really talking about are celebrities and the cool transformations they make for movies. Here a few of my very favorites example.
Natalie Portman shaved her head for V for Vendetta

Renee Zellweger as Bridget Jones and now


???????
I love it when a beautiful woman isn't afraid to look bad (Charlize.) I also love seeing a woman embrace her curves and, slap on some red lipstick, and enjoy being boobylicious (Renee), although I'm not so thrilled with the near-skeletal proportions she's reached nowadays. I also know how weird and attached girls can be to their hair, and I think people can forget what a big deal it is to chop it all off (Natalie) - and, of course, she still looks gorgeous! And Gerard's transformation into Leonidas isn't so much a transformation as body paint, a costume, and special effects...But maybe I just wanted an excuse to look at him? Next up, I want to see Keira Knightly as Susan Boyle in a film biopic. She needs it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...